- Turning the air conditioners to "fan" at night; turning the air conditioners to "fan" when I'm not home for long stretches (I'm not psyched to see our electric bill for the last month.)
- Making the the bed immediately after getting up (My motto? "Working hard to keep cat hair and litter out of the sheets.")
- Turning off the bathroom light, unless I'm in there.
- Lighting candles at night, and leaving them lit until I go to bed.
- Forgetting to shut the fridge door and the dishwasher for longish periods of time (Okay, maybe I do this when BMG is here, but with no one around facetiously and lovingly calling me "The Closer" I have to notice it now.)
- Preparing fewer meals with meat and carbs
- Throwing more food away that I think may trigger a mini binge ("Olive oil chips, you were delicious in Canada, now you are being thrown away.")
- Doing situps and stretches in the middle of the living room at totally random times.
We all compromise at home. If you didn't have to - if your sweetheart and/or your kids were away on a two-week trip - what do you do differently - consciously or unconsciously? And for those of you single folks who don't live with a partner, what do you think you'd have a hard time compromising in the event you do move in with someone?