What are the objects, activities or qualities that help you feel energized? This is the question in Week 32 of The 52 Lists Project.
As I considered the question, I found myself confusing "feeling energized" with "being soothed." While there may be overlap between the two, there are substantial differences,
On my list of things that energize me, are objects, activities and qualities that legitimately cause me to feel excited and motivated to spend time with others, or to continue to the next "to do" item on my list or turn the page to the next chapter in my book.
This list includes:
1. A delicious cuppa coffee
2. Healthy, delicious food in just the right portions
3. Exploring - through travel, reading, discussion
4. Researching new ideas and learning new things
5. Crossing things off my list (because they've been completed)
6. Honesty and authenticity
8. A great workout
9. Healthy and respectful debate
11. A good night's sleep
13, Grocery shopping
14. Helping others, although largely on my terms
16. Binge watching or reading a great mystery or thriller series
And what about the converse? What depletes my energy?
1. Engaging in social niceties
2. Fried food
3. Uncontrolled emotional expression, if it isn't paired with an effort to try to understand oneself better
4. Managing others' irrational thoughts and behaviors
5. Hoppy beer
What's on your list?