Monday, January 3, 2011

10 things you might not know about me

The blogosphere is rife with lists of resolutions, non-resolutions, 2010 "best of" and 2011 "trends to watch out for" lists. I love lists, but don't want to be derivative. So...here is my list...of 10 things you might not know about me. I invite you to share your list in the comment section.

1. Like Filmmaker Ken Burns I love the National Park Service and have visited eleven national parks including the remote Dry Tortugas (FL), and Guadalupe Mountain and Big Bend (TX).
2. I was hit by a truck while riding my bike to work in October 2001 and literally saw my life flash before my eyes.
3. I lived in a commune for two years.
4. I will always consider myself bulimic, having lived with this disorder from 1986-1995.
5. Since I started working at age 11, I have held more than 30 different jobs yet I have never worked in a restaurant.
6. I published several academic articles on reform in medical education.
7. I am trained as a liberal sexuality educator using the Our Whole Lives Program created by the Unitarian Universalist Association. If I could make a viable living teaching I would.
8. In spite of this training and experience, I consistently find myself challenged by transgender men and women. The good news is I know it and am able to learn through these challenges.
9. I have two regrets in my life: not accepting my placement with the Peace Corps in 1992 and not going to public college for my undergraduate degree.
10. I am actively afraid of worms, snakes, and any creature that moves on land without benefit of legs.

What are 10 things I might not know about you?

No comments: