Thursday, June 14, 2012

Grounds for dismissal

I walked away from Starbucks this morning because their decaf was filled with grounds, and they didn't yet have a fiber-free cup of decaf available to me. "I'll make a cup of coffee in the Keurig at the office," I said when told the wait would be two to five minutes long.

As I walked out of my tiny Starbucks, I thought about going back and saying, "I'll take a cup of coffee with grounds - on the house." Because I really wanted a coffee from Starbucks. I like the feel of the warm paper cup in my hand, the heft of a 20 ounce cup of coffee, and savoring the faux caffeine to its last lukewarm drop.

But I thought better of it. "I'm not so desperate that I can't make a coffee at the office. And I deserve better than a cup of coffee filled with grounds."

So imagine my surprise when I walked over to the office Keurig after hearing its last, distinctive rattle, signaling the end of the hot water stream into the ceramic mug, and found this:
Are you kidding me?

Must be that the universe wants me to eat coffee grounds this morning.


1 comment:

Lois said...

This doesn't make me happy. There are few things in life we can really count on to be consistent and reliable and to me Starbucks is one of those things. That they let you down in the AM no less is inexcusable! The Keurig on the other hand, doesn't surprise me. Sorry for the coffee troubles. Hope the rest of your day is better.