Monday, February 16, 2015

What I Am Not:


  • Upset about showing signs of aging
  • Defined by what I do (or don't do) for my husband (or kids or pets or besties)
  • Interested in the Kardashians or the Jenners or any "housewife" or "bachelor"
  • Keeping up with the Joneses
  • A tea drinker
  • A dog person
  • A car person, a logo person, a status person
  • Ashamed of crying
  • Afraid my best years are behind me
But, I am certainly not defined by what I am not. 

So what am I? I am: 

  • Happily middle-aged
  • Quirky
  • A socially adept introvert
  • Both utilitarian and empathic
  • Energized by accomplishment 
  • Tidy, but not always clean
  • Immune to fads
  • Terrified of obesity-related health complications and homelessness
  • At peace with the cards I've been dealt












No comments: