Thursday, June 4, 2015

This is 45

Today I celebrated the successful completion of my 45th year on this planet. What does 45 look like to me, you wonder?
* Throwing away the last two tater tots because I know there is no room in my stomach for them
* A 6:15 a.m. phone conversation with my mom because she kniwsi'm up and likely at my best 
* A 6:30 a.m. txt conversation with a friend who knows I'm up and will txt back that early
* Choosing to skip dessert because I'd rather have a drink (and occasionally vice-versa)
* Being able to ask,y husband for EXACTLY what I want, and getting just a little bit more
* Unapologetically explaining my movie reviews come from both NPR and TMZ
* Delight in having a signature scent, and body powder to prove it  
* Understanding that love - for my husband, a childhood friend, family members - simply means wanting someone else to experience happiness, no matter what it means to them

I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a little panicked at being half-way to 90. And I know that if I (knock on wood) died tomorrow, people would say I was a good person who lived a good life.

Happy birthday to me.46 is looking pretty good from here.


No comments: