Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sweetest Day

I just received an email from the team at Edible Arrangements, exhorting me to buy chocolate dipped fruit for Sweetest Day. "Sweetest Day? What IS that exactly?" I wondered. So, I turned to our friends at Google who immediately took me to our friends at Wikipedia, and found out it is essentially a celebration of candy. Seriously. A celebration of candy. And, it is taking place on Saturday, October 20th.

What candy would you celebrate?

I think I will celebrate the Reggie Bar, which was essentially a giant turtle made with peanuts - peanuts, caramel and chocolate. Yum! I learned the candy bar was retired when Reggie Jackson (the namesake) was retired, and then reintroduced when he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Reintroduced briefly I'd say. I miss that candy bar.

No comments: