Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dream #7

On Sunday night I had a dream that I was standing on a super tall concrete circular pillar approximately twice as wide as my arm span. I have no idea why I was on the pillar; there was no view, nothing I was trying to reach, nothing else around. I also have no idea how I got on the pillar; there was no ladder or elevator or other obvious means by which I had arrived onto this pillar.

What was notable about the pillar was that there was a person trying to climb to the top to join me on one side, and a person in a large, bouncy, hamster ball-like contraption repeatedly hitting the edge of the pillar. The repetition and slow motion of the person in the ball made it clear that her/his goal was to join me on the pillar.

I was very clear that I did not want anyone to join me on the pillar. So, I elbowed the climber off, and then elbowed the bouncer in a different direction, one that would not bring her/him towards the pillar any longer.

*****

Part of me wants to be alone.

No comments: