Thursday, March 1, 2007

Futon Postscript

I cancelled the order on the new futon I so excitedly blogged about in February. Why? When scheduling the pick-up, the customer service representative was exceptionally rude to me, a peeve of mine. (An example of what he said? After a long and boring exchange about their odd delivery notification procedure, he said to me "I'm sorry, but you are the only person who has ever had a problem with this." I replied, "It would be nice if you could also say you are sorry that I'm disappointed with the procedure." "No, I can't say that. I'm not sorry. You are the first person to ever have a problem with this, so I can't be sorry." Huh? Where is the logic here, I ask?) Anyhow, after talking with BMG, I realized the the only power I had was to cancel the order, I did.

Sigh.

So, I'm still without a functional couch.

Do not despair, however! Another futon was ordered - this time online, and is en route via UPS. What can brown do for me? Apparently a lot more than Boston Sleep-a-rama!

PS: Oh! I do have one more tiny piece of power. I DID file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If you've never done this, I highly recommend it as a satisfying process that can be done entirely online. And, the Business in question is supposed to respond to the complaint in writing, so there is a possibility of closure.

No comments: