I've been so busy I haven't had time to blog. Sorry. Here are some updates on my life:
1. I finally figured out how to thread my floss frog with the deliciously thick floss tape. I used a needle and thread! Hooray, now I can count on my plastic green buddy to be a partner in dental hygiene.
2. Digger and I finally figured out the tricks in my new (used) video game and we're rocking on it. And by we, I mean me. The game is so in my consciousness that I fell asleep with the video game tune in my head.
3. Oh, did I mention there is no working heat in my apartment? Brrr! Spent the weekend at Digger's to avoid the Somerville tundra and came home to find a thin layer of permafront covering all of the upholstered furniture. Sigh. Plumber comes tomorrow. My policy is no heat, no rent. So, I haven't paid my rent yet.
4. Feeling exuberant at the validated limit setting at work. Hooray! I have no idea how I get everything done that I get done, but, somehow, I get most of it done.
5. I never put plastic on the windows - so no heat + poor poor insulation makes for a home that is approximately 58 degrees. Super Brrrr!!!!!
6. No matter how many times I do it, I still forget how to convert iTunes music files into a mobile17-compatible format. So, I chose all of my ringtones for my new phone, and now don't know what to do with them. I wish I had done this over the weekend when Digger could help.
7. Girls group met last week and had a fascinating conversation about the difference between settling down and settling into a meditative state (both good) and settling for a spouse (bad).
8. Read the newspaper yesterday and got a little riled up by an opinion piece calling on women to make a priority of choosing a mate over other things if they are in a baby-making frame of mind. I'm aggravated because I know of no woman who has waited to have a kid because of her career - the waiting is mostly about trying to find the right person to "settle" down with.
9. Threw away the Jell-O Poke Cake I made for Digger last weekend. He is terrible about eating leftovers. I'm only making cupcakes from now on, because then I can freeze the uneaten ones.
10. Intrigued by the new cheese-stuffed tater tots posing as breakfast starch on the Burger King menu. (Are they for real?) If anyone tries them, could you PLEASE send me a comment describing them. I want to eat them, and know they are like devil's legos for this body's chemistry.