Friday, October 9, 2015

What's next? - cleanse day 5

I'm doing a five-day food cleanse followed by a six-week diet with Liz Vequist in an effort to start feeling fit, active, and inspired. The cleanse started on Monday, October 5, 2015.

*****

On our cleanse group phone call last night, we were invited to reflect on our experience of the last few days, and then write down three goals we have for clean eating moving forward. Next we had to circle the easiest of the goals, and then commit to making it happen. Once we've accomplished the goal, we try the next thing on the list.

My three things, in the order in which I'll work on them?
1. Drink a glass of water with breakfast.
2. Half caf instead of full caf coffee
2. Eliminate most refined sugar from my diet.

Other things I've learned from the cleanse that I want to integrate into my daily life?
4. Daily skin exfoliation in the shower - along with my new Cetaphil bar soap, my skin feels amazing!
5. Sitting at the table for breakfast, instead of standing at the counter.
6. When I have time, steeping turmeric tea while taking a 30-minute walk in the neighborhood.
7. At least one whole grain, vegan meal for either breakfast or lunch.

This last one is a requirement to help me ease into the six-week diet, which starts on October 22. AND, if I take a post a picture of my meal and post it to our Facebook group for at least five of the next seven days, I could win a $50 gift card to Whole Foods, #FTW

You've been with me on this journey for the last five days. Is there any part of the whole foods cleanse you would want to try?

No comments: